Today’s loot :
So in the end, I decided to prototype a quick and dirty test for the status bar idea. Here it is! What it currently does :
- you can toggle it on/off using the “change stance” button, normally unused in the VN segment
- the stats represented are : Honey’s current tiredness, strength, defense, speed, proficiency in biology, linguistics, math, where her suit currently is, her reputation, and the suspicion people have of Red being Honey. For now, everything a neat little coloured placeholder, for testing purposes, but since everything seems to be working, I can move on to making actual icons/animations for everything.
- the stats are updated in tiers, relative to your current game progress : for instance, Honey will be satisfied with having 20 STR in February, but that’s going to be a little short come April. What the icon represent are Honey’s satisfaction with her stats, not the stats themselves, so there’s still a degree of vagueness.
- by default, the possibility of toggling the bar on/off is deactivated. If you choose to activate it, you lose on some direct rewards at the end of the game - you’ll be able to get them by some other means, but it’ll be a bit more work!
- if the option have the status bar appear is on, you’ll be notified of any stat change through little animations on the stat icons (cf. second gif). If the bar is currently displayed, the animation will play out, and if the bar is hidden, it will show the bar before playing the animation, and then retracting the bar!
So all in all : in works in practice! Now to see what it looks like with finalized icons/animations, and test if it adds something to the game, or diminishes the experience!
Welp, no update for today! A big wave of fatigue is finally catching up, and nothing good is coming out of it.
Next in the pipeline :
-background for the headmaster’s office
-followup to yesterday’s stuff, with the rest of the library/the school gym/the lockers, and then the same thing for the downtown area!