-getting back into the swing of fighting things! One of the results of the fighting prototype was that Honey’s move palette felt a bit too limited, so I’ve planned a few extensions and reworks. First to the list is this kick, since we were lacking a good one!
For testers, here’s the 0.2.2 changelog for the web version of the prototype!
- tweaked an issue with the title music audio balance. Not completely fixed, but should not be a problem for now.
- tweaked an issue when mashing the confirmation button very fast while choosing an option in a multiple choice selection. Possibly not fixed, but the timing window should be a lot stricter and the issue a lot less reproductible.
- massive increase in game speed: each scene transition has been shortened to less than 2 seconds, from 4 previously. May cause issues with scene intro skipping? Need to test further.
- corrected typos on the displayed date for many incorrect dates (all thursdays, and one lone wednesday)
- added a new choice prompt on test days at school, to confirm that the player intends to skip the test if an option other than “go to class” is selected
- added an option to hide the suit back home before sneaking out at night if the suit is in transit
- rephrased several sentences to make their intended meaning clearer: for instance, Honey’s “I just want to talk” to Coach is now “Let’s discuss something first” to imply that this choice will not close the training option afterwards
- fixed an issue where loading the game using honey’s diary while no savegame was present on slot 1 softlocked the game
- added a prompt on the splash screen to inform the player on how to proceed, and which version of the game is currently used
- added a feature on the introduction dialog at game start: Honey’s dialog is now colored differently when speaking out loud. Feedback wanted!